Monday, December 9, 2013

Kraftmas Day 9 - Holiday Wine Bottle Vases

After I put my fabric poinsettias into the empty wine bottles yesterday, I knew that my next project was going to be to paint the wine bottles to make them look a little more festive!

There are a lot of ways to paint wine bottles for the holidays. Here are a few ideas that I had for my empty wine bottles:

1. Use glass paint to make your wine bottle into a Santa Clause or Snow Man.

2. Use 4 empty bottles and paint the letters N-O-E-L onto them, and then fill them with some battery operated lights.

3. Modge podge a photograph onto a wine bottle as a gift for a friend or relative.

4. Use glass paint to paint the wine bottles to look like a candy cane.

I ended up not using any of these ideas for my wine bottle vases because I didn't want to take away from the flowers. So, instead I painted candy canes and peppermints onto my bottles with red, white and green glass paints.

First, I painted four candy canes, starting with the white as my base. As you can see the paint is a little streaky, so I let the paint dry for a few hours before applying another coat of white paint. Then I scattered the peppermints between the candy canes, again using the white paint.




















Next, I started with the candy canes, painting red stripes over the white candy cane shapes.



















Finally, I used green swirls for the peppermints.



















Now I have a cute little vase for my poinsettias.

No comments:

Post a Comment