Monday, December 2, 2013

Kraftmas Day 2 - Christmas Wreath

The day after Thanksgiving, Eric and I got out first Christmas tree. The gentleman who sold us our tree let me take home all of the tree trimmings I could get my hands on. Why did I want them? For crafts of course!

Today's craft is a door wreath made from the tree trimmings!

What you need
Floral wreath
Green floral wire
Tree trimmings
Ribbon 
Any other additional decorative items you desire

OK, so here are my supplies. I used a wooden wreath that came from one of the tables at our wedding reception, which was conveniently decorated with pine cones, berries, leaves and babies breath (e.g. my "additional decorative items"). That being said, wire floral wreathes are probably better for this project.














I began cutting branches off of the trimmings that I had collected, looking for the fuller branches. To attach them to the wreath, I simply used small pieces of floral wire that I wrapped around both the branch and the part of the wreath to which I was trying to place the branch. I started on one side of the wreath, and slowly made my way all the way around. 












































Here is my wreath after about an hour of building it up so that it looked full. Obviously the duct tape on the box was intentional... ;)














Then, I hot glued the pine cones, berries, etc. onto the wreath. Finally, I attached a piece of satin ribbon around the wreath to tie it to the door hanger. And here it is!





























No comments:

Post a Comment