Friday, December 13, 2013

Kraftmas Day 13 - DIY Christmas Cards (Part II)

Today is the second day of DIY Christmas cards, and I have a few more ideas for you procrastinators out there like me who are trying to scramble some last minute holiday greetings together. Let's get started!

Stamped Holiday Cards
What you need:
Cardstock
Wine cork and X acto knife OR rubber stamps
Paint or ink for stamping

Okay, so I have a pine cone rubber stamp from last year when I made my wedding invitations. Great for making a card like this:



















But this is a DIY project! Obviously we need to make our own stamps! I've seen these on the internet and I have always wanted to make one: wine cork stamps. To make these you simple draw the design that you want, like the pine tree and snow flake pictured below, and then use your X acto knife to cut around the design. And you have a stamp!












Lot's of ways to use your stamps to make cards. Here are two that I came up with:



















"Noel" Card
What you need:
Cardstock
Paint
Modge Podge
Glitter
Scissors

This card was really fun to make! First, I measured my brown cardstock for the card, then measured and cut a piece of white cardstock to attach to the front of the card. Next, I painted stripes on the front of the card using red acrylic paint, as you see below:











Next, I made my letters. To make the letters, you need a piece of paper for the background and a second piece in a different color. On the colored pieces, draw your letters N-O-E-L. You need to make them as blocked letters so that you can cut out the inside of the letter. Once you make your letters, use scissors to cut out the inside. Here is an example of the "O" that I made. As you see, after cutting out the letter, I pasted the green paper overtop of the white piece.













Finally, attach your letters to the front of the card with either double-sided tape or modge podge.















If you want to make the card a little more glitzy, follow the same process as above. Once you've finished the letters, apply modge podge to the letter and sprinkle glitter over it.











Once the letters are dry, shake off the excess glitter. Finish your card by tacking on the letters. Here's the card I made with the word "JOY."


There you have it! Of course the possibilities are endless, but now you have a few cute cards that you can make for some of the special people in your life.

Tomorrow I will show you a couple of ways to make your own envelopes for all of the cards you've made!

No comments:

Post a Comment