Friday, December 6, 2013

Kraftmas Day 6 - Popcorn & Cranberry Garland

Welcome back for Day 6 of Kraftmas!

You may have noticed that the majority of projects that I have shared with you thus far are ornaments that you can make for your Christmas tree. I'll admit that this is self-serving since Eric and I don't have ornaments for our tree, so it only makes sense that lots of Kraftmas projects would be tree decorations...bare with me! Today I'm going to show you how to make a traditional popcorn and cranberry garland. This garland is about as simple as you probably imagined!

What you need:
1 box of popcorn, unsalted and unbuttered if possible
3 cups of fresh cranberries
Needle and thread

Here's are my supplies. The pattern that I used to string the pieces was 2 cranberries, then 5 pieces of popcorn.











First, tie a knot at the end of the thread. You will likely want to make several separate strands because if the string gets to long there is a lot of opportunity for the thread to knot. After you've tied the knot, you can start stringing the pieces!



























Once you have finished your strands, you can hang them on your Christmas tree! Now our tree is ready for us to decorate!












No comments:

Post a Comment