Sunday, December 29, 2013

KT Cooked It: Captain Crunch Chicken

Hello out there!

Welcome back to my blog. Before we begin with today's did-it, I have to address my absence from Katy Did It. Specifically, to all of you who have been visiting my blog looking for more Kraftmas since December 17th, I apologize. Honestly, a craft-a-day turned out to be WAY too much for me - I pooped out! I'm certainly no Martha Stewart. I did however make a few cute presents for my family, which include:
(1) A ribbon picture board for my mom



















(2) Wine glasses for my sister and future sister-in-law















(3) Crochet boot cuffs for my little sister, which I am kind of in love with and think I'm going to make a matching pair for myself!

















































(4) And these awesome painted Redskin beer glasses (because drinking beer is about all Redskins fans can do to comfort themselves over the bust this season...*sigh)















But here I am now, back with a few more did-its before the new year!

Today I am going to share with you a favorite appetizer recipe among our family and friends - my mom's Captain Crunch Chicken. I'm calling it "my mom's" simply because (a) she is the only one who I know who makes it, and (b) she found this recipe when I was about 8 years old. My mom makes this recipe twice a year, once on New Years Eve and the second time at her annual Super Bowl feast. I've never made it myself, but was requested to bring it to the holiday party of a childhood friend of mine who always loved this stuff!

What you need:
1 lb of chicken breast strips
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 cup of Captain Crunch cereal that has been crushed or processed in a food processor
1 cup of Cornflakes that has been crushed or processed...
Olive oil for cooking

Okey-dokey! First, whisk the eggs and milk in a mixing bowl.

Next, set up three mixing bowls to get ready to coat your chicken: (1) one with the flour, (2) one with the whisked egg and milk, and (3) the last with the combined cereals.

Now get to coating your chicken! Dip each piece in the flour first, then the eggs and milk, and finally coat with the cereals.

Place the chicken strips in a skillet with olive oil on high temperature, and brown the chicken. This isn't a healthy recipe...so don't be shy with the cooking oil...

Finally, cook the chicken in the oven at 350 degrees until cooked all the way through (more accurately to an internal temperature of 160 degrees).

Once the chicken was out of the oven, my mom always laid it on a paper towel with some paper towel overtop as well to soak up some of the grease.

When you're ready, serve your chicken with some honey mustard!


No comments:

Post a Comment