Tuesday, November 22, 2016

KT Made It: A Few Thanksgiving Decorations

Only two days until Thanksgiving and the official kick-off of the Holiday Season! Excited this year to be hosting a few friends for dinner which gives me the opportunity to try some new recipes and decorate the apartment. Unfortunately time got away from me a little bit with regards to getting some new decorations, so in a pinch I made a few with items I had in the house (surprise, surprise!)

The first things that I made was a yarn wreath. These are all over my Pinterest feed, and they really are lovely. I used left over yarn that I've had from three Christmas' ago when I made a pair of fingerless gloves. I wrapped the yarn tightly around the wreath, reinforcing with hot glue occasionally along the way.
















Next, I made flowers out of felt in various autumn colors (brown, tan, red, orange and yellow).





















Finally, I used satin ribbon to hang the wreath on the front door!

























Lucky for me I still had some leftover yarn. I decided to make a letter B out of cardboard, similar to the number 1 that I made for my daughter's birthday. I used cardboard from a box of diapers and then I took the cardboard inside of a few toilet paper rolls to put between the two sides to make the B three dimensional (my husband has not realized that there are missing parts of those toilet paper rolls yet!). I wrapped the B with yarn and decorated it with a few artificial leaves, then set it on the book shelf in our living room.




























Last, but not least, I used water color and ballpoint black ink pen to make a little festive artwork to put on the book shelf.


1 comment: