Saturday, August 17, 2013

KT Ate It: Cheesetique in Alexandria, VA

By no means would I consider myself a foodie, but I very much enjoy trying new dishes as well as cooking and baking when I have the opportunity. Luckily, my friend and fellow blogger Sara is a phenomenal cook and exploratory eater! So, on a recent trip to Alexandria, Virginia to visit, Sara took me to a local favorite for her and her husband: Cheesetique, the specialty cheese shop and wine bar

In a word, the shop in adorable - the front of the shop is similar to a deli selling cheeses, meats, wine and various breads and spreads including quince jam and honey. 















As you walk back toward the wine bar, there is certainly a transition in the ambiance, from quaint to elegant. The walls are lined with a bookshelf of empty wine bottles, and the dim lighting sets a relaxing mood. 


Sara and I enjoyed the five cheese plate with honey, marcona almonds and quince. Unfortunately, I did not note the kinds of cheeses that we tried (partially because I am new a reporting on my food adventures, and mostly due to the fact that I could not pronounce any of the items!).
Lucky for us, Sara was able to identify three of the five, including beamster 13, cotswold, and raw milk taleggio. Regardless, they were ALL delicious spread on the flat bread or bakery bread with a little honey or jam. 

For our meal, we shared the greek veggie fococcia and Cheesetique's award winning Mac n' Cheesetique! If you love cheese, the macaroni is absolutely something you should try. However, it is extremely rich...but makes great left-overs for a hungry hubby :)

Overall, Cheesetique was a wonderful dining experience that I recommend to anyone who enjoys trying something new, wine and cheese! 











Visit Sara's blog A Glimpse Into My Cravings for great cooking and eating ideas!

Happy dining and wining!

2 comments:

  1. Love the post! Now you need to come back and we can cook something together and post your Katy Made it to my blog too!!!!! :)

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! Let me know when you're free in September/October and we will plan something delicious!

      Delete