Saturday, June 18, 2016

KT Did It: Rachel's First Birthday Party

Last weekend we celebrated our daughter, Rachel's first birthday party with family and friends. What a special day! There are so many cute ideas out there for first birthday decorations, themes, etc. I saved many of the decorations and party supplies from my baby shower with plans to use them for Rachel's first birthday party.



















I made her a special 1st birthday party hat with scrap book paper and the left over tulle from what I used to make the wreath for her nursery.
I used fabric scraps to make a shabby chic high chair skirt.


















For the table, I made a number one as part of the centerpiece to put next to her cake. I used cardboard to cut out the front and back of the number one. To make it three dimensional, I cut a paper towel roll into small pieces and sandwiched them in between the two sides. I used masking tape to wrap it and secure the two sides (paper mache would also have worked with modge podge and strips of news paper or magazines). I decorated the number with fabric strips and them made rolled fabric roses to put on the number. Look for the finished product below!





















After my sister's baby shower, I knew that I wanted to make cupcake liners and cupcake flags for this part. I used floral and purple polka dot scrapbook paper to make the cupcake liners. For the flags, I used Microsoft Word to create the circles with the word "ONE" and number "1" on them - 6 of each for the 12 cupcakes that I bought. Yes - bought, I sold out of the homemade cupcakes. I hot glued the circles onto purple glitter paper, then cut them out leaving a border of purple paper using scalloped scrapbook scissors. I used the left over paper to hot glue a toothpick to each flag.

I also repeated the chocolate dipped Rice Krispie treats and chocolate dipped Oreos that I made for my sister's baby shower.


















































I also made a "Happy Birthday" sign using cardstock, hot glue and ribbon.

The final product was perfect!
Rachel had a wonderful birthday, we are so grateful for everyone who was able to attend and celebrate this special little girl with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment