Friday, May 6, 2016

KT Did It: It's a Boy! Baby Shower for My Sister

Hello all! I am so excited to be back on my blog sharing a new Did-It, especially something as special as this. Since my last post in March, I have been busy planning and preparing for a wonderful event: my older sister's baby shower. And it's a BOY! I was very honored that she let me host her baby shower, and I wanted to make it very special. My sister was a mermaid in another life, so it was fitting that her baby shower would be a nautical theme. Thank you Pinterest for all of the ideas and for giving birth (no pun intended), to Jessica's AHOY! It's a Boy! baby shower.
I started off looking for the perfect invitation.  I chose this blue and green invitation and matching party supply set by PartySparkle on Etsy. The next few weeks involved a lot of printing, cutting, and hot glue! I did a little bit at a time - one night I cut out cupcake liners, another night I made flags for the cup cakes, etc.

Once all of the paper was cut out and ready, I started to work on a few other crafts, decorations and party activities. I made my sister a Mommy-To-Be corsage using green, blue ribbons. Here is an easy tutorial for many a ribbon corsage for a baby shower by DIY Mommy. And here is the corsage I made for my sister, she loved it!
Next up were the activities for the shower. Thankfully my sister did not want to play any embarrassing games. Instead, I decided to have some crafting activities for the guests and Mommy-to-be to do. First, I made nautical themed alphabet prints for our guests to color with colored pencils, crayons and markers. For another station I made an underwater scene for guests to create fingerprint sea creatures and sign as the guest book. A third station was to write guesses about baby's name, birthdate, height and weight. I made paper onesies for guests to write their guesses and then hang with miniature clothes pin on a line which I created on a large frame. Finally, for decorations, I created a bunting banner with green and blue fabric to decorate the windows and railing.

Here is a glimpse of Jessica's baby shower! It was a huge success.
Here I am pinning on the corsage before the party! She loved it.




Here is the spread. My mom made the food, which was delicious as you would expect. We had a cheese tray with bread and crackers. There was homemade crab dip. For the main course, we had meatballs in marinara, Italian roasted chicken strips, a pasta salad and vegetable salad. Everything was scrumptious! And the spread looked pretty good too.































For dessert we served cupcakes (thank you Safeway bakery!) wrapped in matching cupcake liners and decorated with cupcake flags, all part of the baby shower package by PartySparkle that I cut and put together.  We also dipped rice krispie treats and oreos in blue and green chocolate melts, which was a fan favorite!




And, of course, the crafts! Here are some of the coloring pages that I made and printed on cardstock. They were beautifully colored by our guests. I am going to get them laminated and bound into a book for baby.



















Here is the finger print guest book station.



















For party favors, I cut out the matching chocolate wrappers and wrapped over 100 mini Hershey's chocolates and put them in party bags with some blue shark gummies and green round gummies.


Here is the bunting banner, which Jessica now has to decorate the nursery!





Love you so much, Jess! Cannot wait to meet baby boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment