Sunday, February 22, 2015

KT Made It: Tulle Wreath for a Nursery





















I've seen these tulle wreaths made for a variety of decorative uses, mostly for holidays, and I have always wanted to make one.

Here are a couple that I really love!

This Halloween wreath comes from Our Best Bites with a great DIY tutorial...
















Here's a great one for upcoming St. Patrick's Day from the A Night Owl, with tutorial included...





















Looking for a wreath for something other than the holidays? Here is a monogram tulle wreath for a nursery from View Along the Way...













So now is where I can show how I made a wreath in purple and turquoise for our little girl's nursery that remains a figment of my imagination for the time being. I used a styrofoam wreath for this project and two spools of tulle that were each 20 yards. I used only single strips of tulle to tie around the wreath, but you can use more layers for a fuller effect if you like. I also bought paper flowers to decorate the wreath.

I cut strips of tulle that were about 1 1/2 feet long. You can use any length that you like and trim the edges at the end. Here are my strips.















Next, I began tying the strips of tulle around the wreath alternating purple and turquoise.










Here is the wreath with all of the tulle tied around it.

To decorate the wreath, I attached the purple paper roses with hot glue. Finally, I made a banner with our little girl's name using card stock and ribbon.  Here is the wreath which is now ready to hang in her (imaginary) nursery!


I think that wreath could appear again hanging on the front door for a future birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment