Saturday, September 20, 2014

KT Baked It: Brown Sugar Banana Bread

A common theme in throughout my blog is an effort to use up everything I have before I buy more. For example, using the same paint or scrapbook paper for various arts and crafts or using up all of the ingredients I have in my kitchen before buying more. It doesn't always workout the way I'd like, but I do make a conscious effort.

That being said, I needed to do something with these over-ripened bananas I had in the kitchen. And banana bread was obviously the first thing that came to mind!

I also only had brown sugar and no granulated sugar, so I had to find a recipe for brown sugar banana bread. Lucky for me, my little sister, Joy found this great recipe from the cooking blog Inspired Taste. This bread was a mother-daughter(s) baking event, with Joy reading the instructions and mom and I baking the bread.

What you need:















1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3 medium ripe bananas
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract





First, mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.





In a separate bowl, mash the bananas into a chunky paste. 

After you've mixed the bananas, melt the butter in increments of 15 seconds. Set it aside to cool. Next, whisk the two eggs in a separate bowl, and then add them to the bananas. Add the butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix well. 

In small increments, add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing well. 

Pour the batter into a bread pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. 


 And then you have a whole loaf of delicious banana bread ready for eating (or sharing)!


No comments:

Post a Comment