Wednesday, August 21, 2013

KT Ate It: Cupcake Blvd in Crofton, MD

If you know me well, you also know that I have a weakness for sweets and grew up in a home with a mother who makes the most delicious cakes you are likely to ever come across (and therefore I blame her for my sweet tooth, sorry mommy!). As such, it was only a matter of time that I would give into my temptation and venture into Cupcake Blvd, a very small cupcakery nestled into the back corner of a relatively new shopping center in Crofton, MD. I've driven by it so many times, usually on my way back from the gym, which is the worst time to eat cupcakes - talk about counteracting everything you just worked for. But, alas, I knew that someday I would have to try a cupcake (or two) from that cute little shop tucked away, quietly calling me to take a bite of sheer sugary deliciousness.

My little sister/cupcake accomplice, Joy and I took a trip to Cupcake Blvd yesterday to try the treats, and we were not disappointed. The bakery is cute, painted in light blue with one small counter and display case for the treats made that day. Like many gourmet cupcake shops (ex. Georgetown Cupcake), they have 5-6 flavors of the day plus "everyday flavors" ready for indulgence. So we grabbed a box of 6 cupcakes for a little sampling, including: Vanilla, Snickerdoodle, Neopolitan, Salted Caramel (their best seller), Cookies & Cream, and Peanut Butter.












Overall, the cupcakes were very good - the cake itself was moist, and the frosting very tasty. However, there was way too much frosting for me, or maybe the frosting was just too rich to be able to actually eat all of it. Peanut butter and chocolate are probably my two favorite things ever, so that was my favorite, but I also tried the salted caramel which was amazing! Joy enjoyed the cookies & cream, and agreed that the salted caramel was the best of the ones we tasted. Per my hubby, the snickerdoodle and neopolitan were delicious, but also very rich. I'm still waiting on a review of the vanilla from him.

The moral of the story: Cupcake Blvd makes very good cupcakes, but if you aren't a fan of cake (or frosting), don't waste your $3.00/cupcake. If you are going to indulge, Joy and I recommend the salted caramel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment