Friday, May 16, 2014

KT Made It: Fruit-topped Baked Brie

Baked brie is by far one of my favorite things, but until recently I had never made it myself. Lucky for me, my friend Sara from the food blog, A Glimpse Into My Cravings, is a brie lover and an amazing cook! After watching her whip up a delicious baked brie with a berry topping over some great girl talk and a couple of glasses of red wine, I realized how easy it was to make this deliciously cheesy dish.

On my birthday a few weeks ago, I decided to make some baked brie of my own. And here is how I did it!

What you need:
1 wheel of brie with the rind - I used President brand
1 jar of fruit preserve - I used apricot
1 cup of frozen berries - I used blueberries















First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Once the oven is ready, unwrap your brie and place it on a baking stone. I leave the brie in the rind, but you can also use a puff pastry from the grocery store to wrap around the brie and back it that way! Bake the brie for 20 minutes or until it is bubbly and slightly browned on top.















While the brie is baking, empty the jar of preserved into a sauce pan on low-to-medium heat. Add the frozen fruit and allow the mixture to simmer.

After your brie is baked, top the brie with your fruit topping and serve with some french bread. Mmmmm!















There are, of course, many other variations of this. I think next time I will make a brown sugar topping with pecans and walnuts...

No comments:

Post a Comment