Monday, May 26, 2014

KT Baked It: Flourless Blueberry Muffins

For the past few weeks I have been trying to perfect a flourless blueberry muffin that I can grab for breakfast, especially because I am about to start my surgery elective and I really want to be able to workout in the mornings without worrying about losing time trying to make breakfast as I run out the door. After much experimenting, here is the recipe that I am finally satisfied with enough to share.

What you need:
6 Tbl coconut flour
1 egg
1.5 cups liquid egg whites
1 Tbl agave nectar
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (and set your measuring cups and spoons to the side looking really cute for a picture)












Whisk 1 egg and 1.5 cups liquid egg whites in a mixing bowl.

Measure 6 Tbl of coconut flour, and mix thoroughly with your eggs. 

Next, add 1 Tbl of agave nectar. Then mix in the baking soda and salt.


Finally, add in your blueberries. 
Put 1/4 cup of batter into your greased muffin tin. This recipe makes 8 muffins. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (test to make sure your muffins are fully baked by inserting a knife into the center - if the knife comes out clean, your muffins are ready to come out!). 

And here you have it, delicious flourless blueberry muffins to grad on your way out the door. 











No comments:

Post a Comment