Friday, November 15, 2013

KT Made It: DIY Modge Podge Picture Frames

Here is a quick and easy project that is great for gifts, such as birthday gifts for your awesome sister-in-law (Happy Birthday, Ashley!)

What you need:
Picture frame(s) with a flat surface
Scrapbook paper
Modge podge
Paint

I got a three piece wooden picture frame from Michael's craft store. They have great prices on wood products. You can also up-cycle any old picture frame as long as the surface is flat so that the paper lays on it easily. And, of course you can always paint the frame too.

First, I painted the sides and the back of the frame in blue. The reason I used blue was because I had paint left over from decorating my coffee table. Always got to use what you have!















Next, I measured the dimensions of the sides of the frame so that I could cut the exact size from my scrapbook paper.

Once you have cut your paper, apply modge podge to the frame and stick the paper on. Then, apply the modge podge evenly over the frame to tack it on and give it a glossy look.


































And then you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment