Tuesday, November 19, 2013

KT Made It: Painted Margarita Glasses

Welcome back!

As many of you have probably picked up on, I like to use as much of my art/craft supplies as possible before venturing on a new project that requires a ton of supplies. Why? Because I am a grad student and I am cheap! Guilty. As. Charged.

Today I'm going to share with you my most recent project: painted margarita glasses. I know what you're thinking. Margarita glasses in November? Yes, a little unseasonal. However, I have a bunch of paint left from my confetti wine glasses and I'd like to have all of my glasses coordinating, thank you very much!

Here's what I did: First, I painted the bottom of the glass stem with the cream color.














While that was drying, I painted the bottom of the glass above the stem in turquoise. I didn't paint all of the way up the glass because I intended to make some confetti polka dots around the rim to keep up with the theme I started.














Once both the turquoise and cream portions were dry, I painted the stem in red.














Finally, I used the same process for making the polka dots above the turquoise painted portion as I used in my confetti wine glasses.


And then I looked on at my glasses that I can't wait to use next summer for frozen tropical fruit margaritas!

If you're interested in painting your own glasses, visit my instructions for making your own confetti wine glasses. There you will find more detailed instructions on painting on glass, what types of paint, and how to prepare your glasses.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment