Sunday, September 1, 2013

KT Cooked It: Stuffed Mushrooms

Hello again! It's finally time for another Katy-did-it blog post (thank goodness!). This past week was my first week of my internal medicine rotation, so the time for crafting, cooking, reading, etc. has significantly decreased. No matter! I made a commitment to myself to try to do at least one new thing a week, and I'm sticking to that for myself and my viewership, so thanks for following my did-its!

This week's did-it came from an invite to my sister and her husband's home for a little family get-together. Like my mother, my sister is an amazing cook and hostess. From desserts to her famous "Mama Jessie" alfredo and tomato spaghetti sauces, she pretty much does it all! So I was in a pickle as to what to bring. On top of that, I'd been trying to get through all of the veggies in my fridge before going to get more since they seem to be going bad rather quickly now that I'm back in clinic and have little time to make dinner every night. Lucky for me, I had some white mushrooms needing to get eaten and a favorite recipe in my head acquired years ago from a friend of a friend...so here it goes!

Ingredients:
8 large white mushrooms
1/2 white or sweet onion
1 clove of garlic
Grated parmesan cheese
Olive oil
Italian herb blend
 
First, I made the mushroom caps by cutting around the stems in a circle, then pulled them out. Yup! That easy!

Next, I finely chopped the removed stems, as well as the onion, and then minced the garlic. I put all of the chopped vegetables in a mixing bowl, and added about 2Tbl of parmesan cheese. My sister had an italian herb blend, as well as oregano and basil. I added about 1Tbl of each and a little bit of salt.

I heated the skillet on high with about 1Tbl of olive oil, then sauteed the mixture until the mushrooms and onions were tender. I put 1 scoop of the mix into each of the mushroom caps, and roasted the mushrooms in the oven for 8 minutes.

Quick, easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment