Sunday, August 17, 2014

KT Did It: Graduate and Vacate!


By all intents and purposes, this blog (which was started one year ago this month) was to be a refuge of sorts - an inspiration to try new things, report on them, and keep some sanity over the remaining year of my PA education.

And now, I am happy to report that my education has officially ended, and I am a Physician Assistant (awaiting the results of my boards, of course). 

Alas, the last few months have not been full of did-its. I can honestly report that I put my studies first, despite one or two...or more...pieces of jewelry to sell on my etsy shop, Chile&Cinnamon as well as an hour a day spent working out with hopes of running a race or two in the near future. 

But, after taking my boards, I set off with my good friend Kristie and my family to hit the "refresh" button while catching a few sun rays in Nags Head, North Carolina.

I would not call myself a seasoned traveler by any means, but if you have never been to the Outer Banks, I would argue that it is an absolute must. The beaches are serene, the shopping quaint, the food excellent from Kitty Hawk to Corolla.

Here are a few snap shots of the beach, including a few of the morning sunrise: 



In addition to relaxing on the beach, Kristie and I decided to make our way to Trio, a wine/bar/cheese bistro, before attempting to find all of the art, antique and up-cycled craft stores that we could find. The shop was full of wines and cheeses, with a bar and tasting area including a full menu of apps and entrees. Kristie had a glass of moscato, while I sampled the sangria as well as the loma alta cheese with the spicy plum chutney. 




Lucky for me, our shopping trip ended another lovely day of vacation with two new bracelets. 
And, of course, what is a Katy-Did-It post without some arts and crafts! I decided to paint a few shells that my mom found for me on her early morning walk.
























































After four days in the sun, I was a nice shade of bronze and ready to get back to my hubby, my cat, and ready to get back to normal life and more did-its!






















No comments:

Post a Comment