Thursday, October 24, 2013

KT Made It: Halloween Wreath

Only one more week until the kiddies come out trick-or-treating, and I am SO pumped! Growing up in a neighborhood pretty much in the woods where the houses are so far apart that no one can hear your scream was appropriately spooky for the Halloween festivities...but slim-pickin's in the candy collecting department. And then there's the fact that there weren't many kids in the neighborhood which made for little demand. Hence the annual trick-or-treating trip to the more condensed communities. These are the reasons why I am so excited to finally live in a community with both a lot of houses and a ton of kids! Not only do I get to hand out candy (and snag a Reeces cup or two), but now I can decorate for Halloween! And the need for decorations = crafts! Of course, coming up with an awesome set of Halloween decorations takes years of collection, not to mention cash to spare. However, a door wreath is an easy and inexpensive start to my sparse rubber maid bin for holiday decor.

Here are a couple of the wreaths that I found online that I loved. There are probably hundreds on etsy for your google-imaging pleasure.
This one comes from the DIY diva of Tatertots & Jello, one of my favorite crafting blogs! She has a tutorial, which is helpful for even the most novice of crafters. 













I saw a lot of witch wreaths like this one, which comes from the etsy shop of Posh Creations. Super cute!

And then there is the popular rolled rose wreath with a Halloween twist! This one comes from Living Locurto, where there's a link to a tutorial for felt roses (if you're feeling inspired!)
And then, of course there is my wreath made from whatever inspiration I could find at my local Michael's craft store (and little hunting around the discount Halloween aisle...)


Pretty spooktacular, if I do say so myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment